Show Menu

Items tagged "Rabbit": 30

Unidentified sketches of various animals, including baboons, gazelle, panthers, owl, and rabbit

II.213-A.jpg
Graphite and ink on paper
8" x 5"

Unidentified sketches of various animals, including baboons, gazelle, panthers, owl, and rabbit. Sketches may include early concept for the "Levi L. Barbour Memorial Fountain" on Belle Isle.

Leaping Gazelle Fountain, Full-Scale, Rabbit, [Plaster]

2001.042.jpg
Plaster original full-scale model of the Rabbit auxiliary sculpture for the Leaping Gazelle Fountain, 1936.

Leaping Gazelle Fountain, Full-Scale, Rabbit, Mold, [Plaster and Rubber]

2000.136.jpg
Plaster mother mold of Barbour fountain rabbit. Three piece mold held together with [laster strips. Written on mold is "Barbour Fountain Rabbit".

Rabbit [Plaster]

1991.018.jpg
Rabbit, auxiliary sculpture for the
Leaping Gazelle Fountain, 1936
Plaster original

Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Marshall M. Fredericks
1991.018

Plaster models of "Rabbit" and "Hawk" in the greenhouse studio

Item #4897.jpg
Fredericks opened the "Greenhouse" and the "Stable" studio in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan in 1960 as an extension of his Royal Oak studio.

Bronze "Otter" and "Rabbit" for "Levi L. Barbour Memorial Fountain" in Royal Oak studio

Bronze Otter and Rabbit for Levi L. Barbour Memorial Fountain in Royal Oak studio.tif
Located on the northwest corner of Normandy and Woodward Avenue in Royal Oak, Michigan, the building served as Fredericks' studio for over 50 years.

Full-scale plaster model of "Rabbit" from the "Levi L. Barbour Memorial Fountain" in the Marshall M. Fredericks Sculpture Museum

Full-scale plaster model of Rabbit from the Levi L. Barbour Memorial Fountain in the Marshall M. Fredericks Sculpture Museum.tif
Mrs. Dorothy (Honey) Arbury studied with Fredericks when she attended Kingswood School at the Cranbrook Educational Community in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, in the 1930s. She met him through her uncle, Alden B. Dow, a prominent architect in Midland, Michigan, with whom Fredericks worked on architectural sculpture projects. In 1963, Mrs. Arbury was…