Show Menu

Items tagged "VIII021303": 1

Presentation drawing for "The Spirit of Detroit"

Pencil and conté crayon on board
23" x 30.5"

The erection of The Spirit of Detroit at the City-County Building (now Coleman A. Young Municipal Center) in 1958 marked the formal completion of the structure whose construction began in 1951. Located in front of a white marble wall at the entrance to the building, the sculpture depicts the…