Show Menu

Items tagged "Transport": 17

"The Spirit of Detroit" is installed at the City-County Building

The erection of The Spirit of Detroit at the City-County Building (now Coleman A. Young Municipal Center) in 1958 marked the formal completion of the structure whose construction began in 1951. Located in front of a white marble wall at the entrance to the building, the sculpture depicts the cultural and religious spirit of the Detroit community. …

Marshall Fredericks and an unidentified group of men pose in front of the truck carrying "The Spirit of Detroit"

The erection of The Spirit of Detroit at the City-County Building (now Coleman A. Young Municipal Center) in 1958 marked the formal completion of the structure whose construction began in 1951. Located in front of a white marble wall at the entrance to the building, the sculpture depicts the cultural and religious spirit of the Detroit community. …

Marshall Fredericks sits atop "The Spirit of Detroit"

The erection of The Spirit of Detroit at the City-County Building (now Coleman A. Young Municipal Center) in 1958 marked the formal completion of the structure whose construction began in 1951. Located in front of a white marble wall at the entrance to the building, the sculpture depicts the cultural and religious spirit of the Detroit community. …

Workers assist with the unloading of "The Spirit of Detroit" from the ship

The erection of The Spirit of Detroit at the City-County Building (now Coleman A. Young Municipal Center) in 1958 marked the formal completion of the structure whose construction began in 1951. Located in front of a white marble wall at the entrance to the building, the sculpture depicts the cultural and religious spirit of the Detroit community. …

"The Spirit of Detroit" wrapped in burlap as it is unloaded from the ship

The erection of The Spirit of Detroit at the City-County Building (now Coleman A. Young Municipal Center) in 1958 marked the formal completion of the structure whose construction began in 1951. Located in front of a white marble wall at the entrance to the building, the sculpture depicts the cultural and religious spirit of the Detroit community. …

Spectators look on as "The Spirit of Detroit" is unloaded from the ship

The erection of The Spirit of Detroit at the City-County Building (now Coleman A. Young Municipal Center) in 1958 marked the formal completion of the structure whose construction began in 1951. Located in front of a white marble wall at the entrance to the building, the sculpture depicts the cultural and religious spirit of the Detroit community. …

Close-up of the corpus for "Christ on the Cross on Merrick Street

Bronze corpus for "Christ on the Cross” for Indian River Catholic Shrine, Indian River, Michigan.

Flatbed truck holding the corpus for "Christ on the Cross"

Bronze corpus for "Christ on the Cross” for Indian River Catholic Shrine, Indian River, Michigan.