Show Menu

Browse Items: 612

Sketch for "Seal of Wayne County, Michigan"

Graphite on tracing paper
8" x 7.25"

The event depicted on the seal is the signing of the peace treaty between Chief Pontiac (Ottawa) and Brig. General Anthony Wayne in 1796. Between the men stands a flag with stars in the middle. The treaty opened the land to be settled into what is now the city of Detroit. Included on the medallion are the…

Seal of the State of Michigan, [Plaster]

Plaster mold that has the seal of the state of Michigan as well as a relief mold of a steer and a large set of scales. Yellowish color is from shellac used to seal the plaster.
The three reliefs are unrelated to one another and it is not knows why they were sculpted on the same background.

View of wrought iron gate at a private residence

Wrought iron gate at a private residence in St. Clair Shores, Michigan.

Wrought iron gate at a private residence

Wrought iron gate at a private residence in St. Clair Shores, Michigan.

View of Chrysler Corporation headquarters

Chrysler Corporation Headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Site of "Leaping Gazelle," "Victory Eagle" (American Eagle) and "Siberian Ram".

View from Chrylser Corporation of Auburn Hills and Pontiac, Michigan

Chrysler Corporation Headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Site of "Leaping Gazelle," "Victory Eagle" (American Eagle) and "Siberian Ram".

View of Chrysler Corporation

Chrysler Corporation Headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Site of "Leaping Gazelle," "Victory Eagle" (American Eagle) and "Siberian Ram".

Chrysler Headquarters

Chrysler Corporation Headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Site of "Leaping Gazelle," "Victory Eagle" (American Eagle) and "Siberian Ram".

University of Michigan Administration Building

Administration Building (now the Literature, Science and Arts Building) at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Thirty cast aluminum, seven limestone and two bronze reliefs decorate the façades of the building.

Rosalind, Suzanne (Suki) and Rosalind Fredericks with "Two Sisters Fountain"

Two Sisters Fountain is located in a courtyard of Kingswood School at Cranbrook Educational Community, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. Inspired by the helpful attitude of the girls at Kingswood, Fredericks cast the full-scale plaster original before leaving Cranbrook for military service in 1942.

It was not until 1965 when Cranbrook Board of…