Show Menu

Browse Items: 15

View of the bronze legs for "The Spirit of Detroit" at the foundry

The erection of The Spirit of Detroit at the City-County Building (now Coleman A. Young Municipal Center) in 1958 marked the formal completion of the structure whose construction began in 1951. Located in front of a white marble wall at the entrance to the building, the sculpture depicts the cultural and religious spirit of the Detroit community. …

The bronze legs for "The Spirit of Detroit" at the foundry

The erection of The Spirit of Detroit at the City-County Building (now Coleman A. Young Municipal Center) in 1958 marked the formal completion of the structure whose construction began in 1951. Located in front of a white marble wall at the entrance to the building, the sculpture depicts the cultural and religious spirit of the Detroit community. …

Lower half of the bronze "The Spirit of Detroit" at the foundry

The erection of The Spirit of Detroit at the City-County Building (now Coleman A. Young Municipal Center) in 1958 marked the formal completion of the structure whose construction began in 1951. Located in front of a white marble wall at the entrance to the building, the sculpture depicts the cultural and religious spirit of the Detroit community. …

Plaster molds of leg for "Acrobat" clown

The plaster model and molds for "Acrobat” – one of the “Clowns” in Marshall Fredericks’ greenhouse studio.

Close-up view of leg of plaster model for "Christ on the Cross"

Plaster model for “Christ on the Cross” which was later installed at the Marshall M. Fredericks Sculpture Museum at Saginaw Valley State University.

View of leg of plaster model for "Christ on the Cross"

Plaster model for “Christ on the Cross” which was later installed at the Marshall M. Fredericks Sculpture Museum at Saginaw Valley State University.

Legs of plaster model for "Christ on the Cross"

Plaster model for “Christ on the Cross” which was later installed at the Marshall M. Fredericks Sculpture Museum at Saginaw Valley State University.

Close-up of legs of the plaster model for "Christ on the Cross"

Plaster model for “Christ on the Cross” which was later installed at the Marshall M. Fredericks Sculpture Museum at Saginaw Valley State University.

Plaster legs and cloth for "Christ on the Cross"

Plaster legs and cloth with joints/seams visible for "Christ on the Cross"