Show Menu

Browse Items: 1

Detroit Mayor Louis C. Miriani, President Dwight D. Eisenhower, and Marshall Fredericks visit "The Spirit of Detroit"

The erection of The Spirit of Detroit at the City-County Building (now Coleman A. Young Municipal Center) in 1958 marked the formal completion of the structure whose construction began in 1951. Located in front of a white marble wall at the entrance to the building, the sculpture depicts the cultural and religious spirit of the Detroit community. …